2008/10/02

Jeff's Sketch!



Hiya, my good friend Jeff (http://jefflanceillustration.blogspot.com/) was kind enough to sketch this up for the Imperial Stout label and I am really excited about it! I only hope the beer is worthy of the cool label, and I feel the need to say, I am not entirely hopeful for this batch. It is looking like 26 Oct will be the first taste trial and I am a little nervous that there will not be enough carbonation. Stylistically this beer is not supposed to have loads of carbonation, but obviously should have some, and I am afraid this batch may not have any. When I was doing the primary fermentation, the conditions at home were not ideal. For starters it was about 90 degrees here in Maryland, and I could not get my room much cooler. With that, the fermentation only took about two days to stop bubbling, a bit short. I'm hoping that the yeast didn't die in the heat and were able to eat the sugar in the bottles. I'm fighting the urge to open a bottle prematurely to check the carbonation, but the urge may overpower me by the week end next!
Slainte!
-J

2 comments:

Frisboy said...

Have you considered a "Potemkin Village Wheat"?

J Scott said...

Haha, that is a good one sir. I don't know if I'll ever get around to a wheat, but if I do...