2008/11/19

Brief Update


Hiya,
I just cracked open one of the pale ales that I brewed around last Christmas and age has greatly improved this beer! It was pointed out to me the other day by a friend of mine that this very same pale ale was the 'world's worst beer,' so obviously I hoped it would taste better. When aging, the first taste to fade is the hop flavour, this is definitely true with this beer and it really helped. I had used Willimite hops and some Kent Goldings, but I think in the wrong proportion and what resulted was a kind of soapy taste that was not very pleasant. The flavour has really mellowed out and it really tastes style appropriate. I'm excited to get back behind the brew-kettle soon, but there may be a little gap with the looming of an upcoming relocation and all that is involved.
Thank you for reading!
-J

P.S. I know the glass is not perfect but at the time of this picture (about a year ago) I couldn't afford a good ale glass, I now own far too many glasses; ask my girlfriend.

No comments: