2008/09/21

Buck Mulligan's Irish Red Ale


Well with this sophomore attempt I forgot how the process of brewing worked. It was a good start, the wort boil turned out even better than with the pale ale. The hops I chose, Willamette and Fuggles smelled delicious and the darkish malt looked wonderful. Then the first mistake occurred, whilst putting the airlock on my primary fermenter, I managed to push the little rubber bung into the wort forcing me to reach my arm into the liquid to fish the tiny rubber nub out. Then mistake two, I rushed the fermentation only giving it about five days instead of the couple of weeks that it should take, dumb. The carbonation was fine, but it was not really beer as much as oat soda given that it did not get the proper fermentation. I will not make that mistake again.
Slainte!
-J

No comments: